[R] Aggregating frequency of irregular time series

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 25 22:51:52 CET 2004

R itself has no support for irregular time series, but it does have an
aggregate method for regular ones.  You need to look into whichever
package is handling irregular time series.  However, it seems to me that
this is not a time series problem at all: you have a set of observations
whose indices are data-times, and tapply() will do the job.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk