[R] http://cran.us.r-project.org/ inaccessible

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Thu Mar 25 02:28:56 CET 2004

Ross Boylan <ross at biostat.ucsf.edu> writes:

> For the last couple of days when I go to http://cran.us.r-project.org/ I
> see only the left-hand margin logo and table of contents.  If I click on
> one of the links there, I get a timeout.  Other sites (e.g.,
> http://cran.stat.ucla.edu/) work fine for me.
>
> Lacking complete confidence this is a bug*, as well as any better notion
> of where to report this, I'm reporting it here.
>
> *I have had problems accessing one other site,
> http://www.oasis-open.org/, that is generally accessible.  It has been
> suggested the problem is that oasis does not cope with congestion
> notifications (ECN) properly, so it's not clear whether this is my
> problem or the sites.

cran.us.r-project.org is down temporarily.  We're not sure exactly
what happened but it looks like it was compromised.  Please use
another CRAN mirror for the next few days.

That machine is also rsync.r-project.org and cvs.r-project.org.  The
latter isn't very important to those not on the core development team
but it is very important to us and I have been working all afternoon
to bring the archive back up on another machine.  I think I have that
now.  Rsync and CRAN mirror will follow tomorrow.

Douglas Bates                            bates at stat.wisc.edu
Statistics Department                    608/262-2598
University of Wisconsin - Madison        http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~bates/