[R] Status of Rmpi--Good with tweaks

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Wed Mar 24 22:59:56 CET 2004

Ross Boylan <ross at biostat.ucsf.edu> writes:

> By the way, I'm in the dark about (r)sprng.  From some of the snow docs,
> I thought that was really snow's business.  But your site notes that the
> Rmpi packages are withough SPRNG support.  And Tony Rossini's pages (I
> think) had a slightly cryptic remark that SPRNG under MPI was a bit
> dicey.

SPRNG doesn't need to be invoked via MPI, but can be configured to use
it as the invocation/transport layer.

It shouldn't matter to SNOW in the least, or rpvm.  I think it
shouldn't matter to Rmpi, but we won't have a cluster to play with for
a month or so.

Luke -- I've seen the gentle hints.

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}