[R] lme question

Andrew Robinson andrewr at uidaho.edu
Mon Mar 22 23:39:38 CET 2004

Hi Donglei,

what is your goal in fitting this model?  The statement that you've used is
creating an overparameterized model, as it fits a random intercept for each
visit within each subject.  I wonder if you might prefer

testresult <- lme(expr~visit, data=testdata, random=~1|subject)

which will fit a random intercept for each subject?

Andrew