[R] dsn

Margarida Júlia Rodrigues Igreja migreja at med.up.pt
Thu Mar 18 16:32:29 CET 2004

Hi,

I've finally got a DSN working on my ODBC installation and I've tested it
with the ODBC DataManager so I'm sure it's working.
However when trying to connect to the DSN via R interface I get an error:

odbcConnect("H:\\Desktop\\bd1",uid="tiago",pwd="archi",case="nochange",believeNRows=TRUE)
[1] -1
Warning messages:
1: [RODBC] ERROR: state IM002, code 0, message [unixODBC][Driver
Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified
2: ODBC connection failed in: odbcDriverConnect(paste("DSN=", dsn, ";UID=",
uid, ";PWD=", pwd,

Before the odbcCOnnect() command I gave the library(RODBC) command and it
gave no error
What am I missing?

Margarida