[R] (no subject)

Mark Van De Vyver mvdv at spamcop.net
Wed Mar 17 23:32:18 CET 2004

Hi Marc,
Thanks for the response.  Apologies for the lack of detail... I have used
'boxwex', 'at' and ylim, to place things nicely, except I know have some
spare room at the end of the plot, which I would like to get rid of.... Your
suggestion to use 'add' per the example is one I had not thought of.  Does
any one know of a simpler approach, to use add I'm need to create two
boxplots, a dummy (with x taking the correct range of values, say
boxplot(1:10, ylim = c(0, 100))) and the real box plot with, say 11 box
plots...

Thanks again
Mark

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 14:31, Mark Van De Vyver wrote:
> Hi,
> Could anyone hint at how to set the x axis plot range in boxplot/bxp?
> The docs are clear that usr and xlim are not passed through/down TIA
> Mark

It is not entirely clear what you are looking to do here.

Are you attempting to plot a horizontal boxplot and adjust the range of
the horizontal axis?

If so, use 'ylim':

boxplot(1:10, ylim = c(0, 100), horizontal = TRUE)

If by chance, you are looking to play around with the location(s) of the
boxplots in a vertical configuration, see the 'at' and 'add' arguments
in ?boxplot. The last example in the help gives some hints on that,
where the 'boxwex' argument is also helpful.

Also, please be sure to post using a new e-mail. Your initial post is
"buried" in a thread from the beginning of the month in the archive. I
noted it when looking to see if anyone had responded to it yet.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz