[R] Time for Usenet R Group?

Ed L Cashin ecashin at uga.edu
Wed Mar 17 21:28:24 CET 2004

"Roger D. Peng" <rpeng at stat.ucla.edu> writes:

> Marc R. Feldesman wrote:
>
>> I agree with you on the "flood" of messages lately.  Often this
>> flood accompanies a new release, but this flood has continued
>> unabated for longer than I would have imagined.  The good news is
>> that R is becoming more popular and this (hopefully) attracts more
>> developers, which results in more libraries, etc.  The bad news is
>> that with more users come more questions.
>
> I don't consider that "bad news".  That's just "how it is".  As far as
> I can see, it's all good news :)

I never used the mailing list directly, but always via NNTP, since
gmane acts as a gateway for the R mailing list.

  www.gmane.org

It has several anti-spam features in place already.  So if you want to
switch, it's very easy.  Just point your favorite news client to
news.gmane.org and start reading gmane.comp.lang.r.general.

--
--Ed L Cashin            |   PGP public key:
  ecashin at uga.edu        |   http://noserose.net/e/pgp/