[R] R-business case

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 16 22:50:06 CET 2004

>       Some web sites have "hit counters".  It should be possible to get
> a counts of the numbers of times different parts of R are downloaded.
> Do the CRAN web sites include any such?

But how would CRAN know what sort of activity its mirrors is
receiving?  And what does a 'download' mean in an environment like this -
I could download R 10 times, or 10 people could download it ... or even
one person could download it and then give it to 50 people.  The numbers
don't necessarily reflect usage patterns, IMO.

-J