[R] X11 and utils

anthony.ferrari@ensimag.imag.fr ferraria at ensisun.imag.fr
Tue Mar 16 17:21:26 CET 2004

Hello,
I'm a french student working on a project concerning cDNA microarray.
I've chosen to work with R and use the marrayClasses, marrayInput (...)
packages.

First, when I enter "library(marrayInput)", R warns me about a missing
package called "utils" but I can't find it anywhere. Normally this package
is installed when you install "base" package. Moreover when I call a
function of the "utils" package, it works so it seems to be installed.
Why doesn't R see it when I enter "library(marrayInput)" ?
I hope, I am clear enough.

Secondly, once R is installed, X11() does not work. I can't see anything
when I invoke the plot functions.
Maybe I have to precise that :
      - I work on a Linux platform. But I havn't got the root's password.
      - So I can only install R locally
My first idea is that the problem comes from the intallation step. Is
there something to tell R about the system X11R6 path ? May I give a
parameter to ./configure ? Or does R normally find all of these itself ?

waiting for an answer,
thank you very much

kind regards,
Anthony Ferrari