[R] rate of change

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Tue Mar 16 14:17:42 CET 2004

help.search() would be a good place to start for this kind of question, but
it's unlikely to be helpful in this particular case...

When I see "rate of change", I think of derivatives.  However, it's
difficult to say much without more detail on what you are looking for.
(What exactly do you mean by rate of change of a variable?)  There are many
ways to estimate derivatives in R, but which to recommend depends on your
particular application.

Cheers,
Andy