[R] nnet classification accuracy vs. other models

Edgar Acuna edgar at cs.uprm.edu
Sun Mar 14 01:11:27 CET 2004

I think that you are using nnet incorrectly. I have compared several
classifiers (including that ones that you mention in your e-mail) on the
same dataset and I have never found more of a 20% of difference in the
missclassification error. Of course, I estimated the misclassification
error by cross validation.

Regards
Edgar Acuna
UPR-MATH