[R] Assessing Kappa values (was: Non-linear regression problem: R vs JMP (long))

Andrew Robinson andrewr at uidaho.edu
Sat Mar 13 18:55:32 CET 2004

Dear R-friends,

I've been able to induce R to fit the non-linear model in my previous post, by
changing the tolerance to 0.475.  I've calculated the kappa of the gradient
matrix from the model as being 2487.294.  Is that very large?  I cannot find
any reference to a range of suitable values.  The matrix dimension is 875 x
9.

Andrew
--
Andrew Robinson                      Ph: 208 885 7115
Department of Forest Resources       Fa: 208 885 6226
University of Idaho                  E : andrewr at uidaho.edu
PO Box 441133                        W : http://www.uidaho.edu/~andrewr
Moscow ID 83843                      Or: http://www.biometrics.uidaho.edu
No statement above necessarily represents my employer's opinion.