[R] Problems startin RAqua for Mac

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 12 22:00:33 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Michael Mifek wrote:

> I am a user of a i book G4 with OS X 10.3 and I installed RAqua 1.8.1
> without any problems. When I want to start RStart the "R" Symbol appers
> for one second and then disappers again and nothing else happens. I've
> tried to reinstall the program and I also reinstalled my OS X wich did
> not help. I really need this program for my studies. If someone knows
> whats wrong please eMail me!!

Look at the Console log as you try to start RAqua.  You can find the
Console log viewer by going to the Applications folder and then the
Utilities folder inside Applications. It should give more information
about why RAqua is failing.

One fairly frequent reason for RAqua to fail is if you didn't install the
readline library that comes packaged with RAqua.  This is not optional.

	-thomas