[R] Interpolation or Kriging

Edzer J. Pebesma e.pebesma at geog.uu.nl
Fri Mar 5 20:37:39 CET 2004

Sebastien,

Please have a look at the geostatistics packages refered to from

http://sal.agecon.uiuc.edu/csiss/Rgeo/

BTW -- is this page referenced from the R or CRAN home
pages? I couldn't find a link a few days ago.

Most of them may do what you want. I assume they can all
be fooled by providing one-dimensional data having a constant
second coordinate. Package gstat allows explicit specification
of one-dimensional data sets, but has no special provisions
for 1D data in terms of efficiency, compared to 2D data.
--
Edzer