[R] browseURL question

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 5 11:59:41 CET 2004

On further checking, this does not happen if netscape/mozilla/firefox are
used locally, but it does happen if they are used remotely, as well as
with gnome-moz-remote and kfmclient (I do not have galeon).  There were
other problems: it tries to use -remote "openURL()" for unknown browsers
(which is why firefox worked) and there it was not quoting $ which is not
protected by the "".

Under exactly what circumstances with `UNIX' were you finding the
problem?

The problems I have positively identified are fixed in R-devel now.