[R] Accurate area map projections

Mark Van De Vyver mvdv at spamcop.net
Thu Mar 4 07:38:37 CET 2004

Hi,
Could any one point me to the projection, and parameters if necessary, that
would show each country/continent with it's area accurately refelcted on the
plot? E.g. aitoff vs. albers vs. bonne vs. cylequalearea vs. guyou - they
don't all look the same to mee but some of the documentations suggests they
are equal area?  Of course this isn't my field, so I am largely guessing and
am prorbably making some naive assumptions :)
I'm pretty sure this is on the R-help archive but I don't seem to be able to
access most of the posts that the search returns - I keep getting a 'file
not found' page...
TIA
Mark