[R] RODBC

Arend P. van der Veen apv at capital.net
Mon Mar 1 22:10:12 CET 2004

Hi,

I have installed RODBC on FreeBSD 4.9 and I am using the PostgreSQL ODBC
Driver that is distributed with unixODBC 2.2.8.  I can access ODBC Data
Sources from Open Office so I think that everything is properly
installed.  When I installed RODBC I had to set

export LIBS=-L/usr/local/lib

so that R could locate my ODBC manager.

I do not have any problems opening database connections and qurey
tables.  However, when I try and close a connection I get the following
warning:

> odbcClose(channel)
R.bin in free(): warning: chunk is already free

Is this something that I need to worry about ?

Thanks in advance,
Arend van der Veen