[R] Rcmd SHLIB

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Mon Mar 1 01:29:45 CET 2004

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:43:25 -0800, you wrote:

>Thanks tons.  If you get a moment and feel like answering another question:
>Regarding the readme.packages file excerpt below:  How can I set the R_HOME
>path?  Is it always the R install directory?  Also, is creating libR.a and
>libRblas.a a neccessary step in creating ANY dll for use with R?

R_HOME should be the base directory where you install R.

The libR.a and libRblas.a files are used by the gcc linker to tell it
how to make calls into R.dll or Rblas.dll.  If you're using a
different compiler or you don't need to make calls into those dlls
(e.g. you've got a very simple DLL), you won't need them.

Duncan Murdoch