[R] Mac OS X 10.2.8 versus 10.3.4 package load failure

Ingmar Visser i.visser at uva.nl
Wed Jun 30 18:07:40 CEST 2004

Hello All,

I have built a package depmix and build a source package file from it for
distribution. I have done all this on the following platform:

platform powerpc-apple-darwin6.8
arch     powerpc
os       darwin6.8
system   powerpc, darwin6.8
status
major    1
minor    9.0
year     2004
month    04
day      12
language R

When I install the package using the menu Packages > Install from local file
> From source package file (tar.gz) the package installs without problems.

However when I do the same another MAC OS X (10.2.8), I get the following
error message:

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
    unable to
load shared library "/Users/564/Library/R/library/depmix/libs/depmix.so":

dlcompat: dyld: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/R.bin
Undefined
symbols:
_btowc
_iswctype
_mbsrtowcs
_towlower
_towupper
_wcscoll
_wcsftime

_wcslen
_wcsrtombs
_wcsxfrm
_wctob
_wctype
_wmemchr
_wmemcmp
_wmemcpy
_wmemm
ove
_wmemset
Error in library(depmix) : .First.lib failed

Can anyone help me understand what the problem is here and how to solve it?