[R] give PAM my own medoids

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Jun 29 17:19:43 CEST 2004

Bonjour Isabel,

    Isabel> Hello,

    Isabel> When using PAM (partitioning around medoids), I
    Isabel> would like to skip the build-step and give the
    Isabel> fonction my own medoids.

    Isabel> Do you know if it is possible, and how ?

unfortunately, it's not yet possible, but --- believe or not ---
this has been on my TODO list for 'cluster' (the package) for a
while now -- and your wish definitely raises the priority!
I want to do some checking for user input errors there, but this
is definitely not so much of work to do...

-> do nag me about it at least once a month till it'done.. ;-)

    Isabel> Thank you very much.

You're welcome,
Martin Maechler, Seminar fuer Statistik ETH Zurich