[R] plotting with an its object

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Mon Jun 28 21:53:21 CEST 2004

Try using yrange instead of ylim.

getAnywhere("plotIts") will get you the source of the routine you are
looking for.

---

Laura Holt <lauraholt_983 <at> hotmail.com> writes:

: Dear R People:
:
: I have an its object.  The original its is the Dow Jones Industrial average
: from March 23, 1990 to March 23, 2000.  I did the following;
:
: dj1 = original series
:
: >dj2 <- log(dj1)
: >ddj2 <- diff(dj2)
: >
:
: Ok so far.
: Now I would like to plot this series with a certain y limit:
: >min(ddj2)
: [1] -0.07454905
: >max(ddj2)
: [1] 0.04860535
: >plot(ddj2,ylim=c(-0.1,0.1))
: Error in plot.default(x, y, xaxt = "n", xlab = xlab, axes = axes, frame.plot
: = frame.plot,  :
:         formal argument "ylim" matched by multiple actual arguments
: >
: What is wrong, please?
:
: I checked the following:
:         formal argument "ylim" matched by multiple actual arguments
: >?plot.its
: Error in help("plot.its") : No documentation for `plot.its' in specified
: packages and libraries:
:   you could try `help.search("plot.its")'
: >its.plot
: Error: Object "its.plot" not found
: >?its.plot
: Error in help("its.plot") : No documentation for `its.plot' in specified
: packages and libraries:
:   you could try `help.search("its.plot")'
: >
: but to no avail.
:
: R Version 1.9.1 for Windows
:
: Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
:
: Sincerely,
: Laura
: mailto: lauraholt_983 <at> hotmail.com