[R] Matrix: Help with syntax and comparison with SparseM

roger koenker rkoenker at uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 25 14:59:30 CEST 2004

I'll defer to others on the best way to implement this in Matrix, but it
probably should be noted that for banded structure like this sort of
Whittaker problem more
specialized algorithms have a real advantage.  It  might
require very large problems to see this, however.

url:	www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger        	Roger Koenker
email	rkoenker at uiuc.edu			Department of Economics
vox: 	217-333-4558				University of Illinois
fax:   	217-244-6678				Champaign, IL 61820