[R] [SOLVED] GET_DIM() crash on Windows only

Paul Roebuck roebuck at odin.mdacc.tmc.edu
Thu Jun 24 20:39:07 CEST 2004

Paul Roebuck wrote:

>I have the following contrived code in package format.
>On Solaris and Mac OS X, code runs just fine. On Windows,
>it crashes the R environment with the "Send Bug Report"
>dialog. I tried R 1.8.1 (Win2K) and R 1.9 (WinXP) binaries
>with the same result. PCs otherwise appear properly
>configured for creating R packages. Anything blatantly
>wrong? Suggestions?

The culprit of my troubles turned out to be the GCC compiler
option '-ansi' in "src/Makevars". Why this causes a problem
is not known at this time. My Makevars for the example program
was as below:

    PKG_CFLAGS=-Wall -ansi -pedantic -DDEBUG_RWT -I./
    PKG_LIBS=-lm

Creating a Windows-specific config file "src/Makevars.win"
without that option solves the problem.

    PKG_CFLAGS=-Wall -pedantic -DDEBUG_RWT -I./
    PKG_LIBS=-lm

Many thanks to Uwe Ligges for figuring out the cause.