[R] Tick marks in xyplot

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan at cs.wisc.edu
Wed Jun 23 23:28:34 CEST 2004

Quoting Patrick Connolly <p.connolly at hortresearch.co.nz>:

> On Wed, 23-Jun-2004 at 07:32AM -0500, Deepayan Sarkar wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> |> 1. You can specify the limits, tick positions, and axis labels
> |> individually for each panel (see documentation for 'scales' in ?xyplot;
> |> all the relevant components - at, lab, etc - can be lists).
>
> How difficult would it be to make mgp one of the 'relevant
> components'?  I often find I'd like to decrease the mgp[2] setting.  I
> think that's the only reason why I'd like to have mgp in the list, so
> if there's a smarter way of achieving that, mgp would be unnecessary.

These (and other similar things) are currently hard-coded, but I have plans to
make these part of the lattice settings eventually. This is completely
vapourware right now, but I have hopes of getting it done in time for R 2.0.0.

If you mean different values of these for different panels though, I don't think
 that's ever going to happen.

Deepayan