[R] Automatic routine - NEW

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Jun 23 15:46:14 CEST 2004

  The documentation is good for things like this. In most (all recent?)
versions of R, "help.start()" brings up a help page. Select "An
Introduction to R", and go to "Vector Indices". Also look at "Arrays and
Matrices: Array Indexing". There, you will find that "DF[3:5,]" might be
what you want.

Actually, I'm not certain that your "c" below is what you want, because
class(c[1,1]) is "list", and I could not do arithmetic on it. I
discovered that when I tried all.equal(c, DF[3:5,]). {Also, "c" is the
name of a very useful function; try "?c". It is usually wise to avoid
using names of functions for matrices of data.frames. R will select the
one you want from the context in most but not all cases.}

hope this helps.
spencer graves