[R] R as controller

groensels kurt.sys at pandora.be
Fri Jun 18 14:50:32 CEST 2004

Hi all,

this may be a 'stupid' question, but it would be great if it exists. What's it about? For the control of experiments, special (and expensive) software is often necessary. The main 'difficulty' I have is to read data from different (measurement) devices and send them to some actuators (reading from a serial device and the protocols). Is there a package in R for reading and writing to a serial port, including the protocols for ADAM modules etc? Or is there anyone having plans to program such a package? If it would exist, R could be as a controller, which would make life much easier, at least my life :).

tnx,
Kurt