[R] can't get text to appear over individual panels in multi-panel plot

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan at stat.wisc.edu
Fri Jun 18 02:59:20 CEST 2004

On Thursday 17 June 2004 19:37, Patrick Bennett wrote:
> I'm trying to learn how to create Trellis multi-panel plots, but I'm
> having some trouble reproducing the graphs shown in Venables & Ripley
> (2002) (e.g., Figs 4.14 & 4.15). Actually, everything looks fine
> except for the fact that I can't see any text above the individual
> panels.
>
> I'm using R 1.9.0 for OS-X running on Mac OSX 10.3.3, and I'm drawing
> the graphs into the Quartz device.
>
> Sorry for bothering the list with what is probably a trivial
> question, but I've run out of ideas...
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I don't have that edition, and it's difficult to guess without code, but
have you looked at the scripts that come with the MASS package ? They
are supposed to reproduce the analysis done in the book (I'm assuming
that the book you are referring to is in fact MASS). It might be as
simple as replacing text() calls by ltext().

Deepayan