[R] 2D Kolmogorov-Smirnov test: solution

Rich Grenyer grenyer at virginia.edu
Thu Jun 17 17:42:29 CEST 2004

Hi - A little while ago I posted a question about the implementation of
a two-dimensional analog of the Kolmogorov-Smirnov test in R[1][2]. As
there isn't one, as far as I know, people might be interested in a very
fast C++ implementation called MUAC which is available as a function
and as a standalone program from
http://www.acooke.org/jara/muac/index.html. Apparently the code is
interesting from a computer science viewpoint, and an MPI-powered
parallel version is available from
http://beowulf.lcs.mit.edu/18.337-2002/projects-2002/ianchan/KS2D/
Project%20Page.htm

If anyone has any experience of this code, and in particular words of
warning, I'd love to hear about them (off-list would be best).

Rich

[1] Peacock J, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 1983,
vol 202 p615: Two-Dimensional Goodness-of-Fit Testing in Astronomy

[2] Fasano G, Franceschini A. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical
Society, 1987 vol 225 p 155: A Multidimensional Version of the
Kolmogorov-Smirnov Test

Rich Grenyer, Ph.D.
Biology Department - University of Virginia
Gilmer Hall
Charlottesville, Virginia
VA 22904
United States of America