[R] multiple error strata in aov

Lorenz.Gygax@fat.admin.ch Lorenz.Gygax at fat.admin.ch
Wed Jun 16 07:30:08 CEST 2004

Hi Murray

> I am trying to perform a model 3 ANOVA for a 2 factor (say factor A and
> factor B) anova in which factor A is fixed and factor B is random.
> In addition, I have tried using lme to perform this function,
> but again without much success.

What did not work? And, did you read Pinheiro & Bates?
Personally, I find it easier to work with lme and this should be an easy
one.

What about lme (fixed= Y ~ A, random= ~ 1 | B) or
           lme (fixed= Y ~ A, random= ~ A | B)?

Regards, Lorenz
-
Lorenz Gygax, Dr. sc. nat.
Tel: +41 (0)52 368 33 84 / lorenz.gygax at fat.admin.ch

Center for proper housing of ruminants and pigs
Swiss Veterinary Office
agroscope FAT Tänikon, CH-8356 Ettenhausen / Switzerland
Fax : +41 (0)52 365 11 90 / Tel: +41 (0)52 368 31 31