[R] installing my own package - problems with INDEX

Pamela Hall phall at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jun 15 19:17:52 CEST 2004

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!  I got a bunch of functions to install with their help pages and even help.search works!!!  The INDEX file is just fine.  YEAH YEAH YEAH!

This is what I have learned:

1.  DO NOT concatenate the *.Rd files. This happens in the installation process.  This is probably completely evident to y'all, but since the only working examples one has to look at are already installed packages which have concatenated Rd files...its a wee bit confusing to novices.  But NOW, I get it.

2.  When one does not concatenate *.Rd files,  (and adds a few print lines to R CMD check when messing around to try and figure out what R CMD check is doing...) then the error messages make much more sense and I was able to find errors.  And as you suspected there were many more than just a missing bracket.

so, now I can mess around with the quality of the package since at least it now EXISTS!
...time for a different subject header.

Thank y'all very much.
-ph