[R] complete newbie Q

jeroen clarysse jeroen.clarysse at easynet.be
Mon Jun 14 09:25:41 CEST 2004

Hi all

I'm a programmer at the psychology dept, and last week, I was asked to write
an application to analyze some result data from CO2 measurement experiments.
I don't want to reinvent the wheel, so before I start custom coding in C,
I'd though to look around a bit and bumped into R on freshmeat.

basically, it is a 2-column data sheet, with timings on col1 and CO2 value
on col2. These value have a pretty nice oscillating nature, with some
occasional false spikes.

the analysis simply means extracting the 'ceilings' of the curves = the
start-end times of the top of each oscilation.

my Q to the mailinglist is now : can such analysis be done in R ? Or is R
not the appropriate package for this kind of stuff ?

thanks in advance !