[R] Re: R-help Digest, Vol 16, Issue 11

Alan Cobo-Lewis alanc at umit.maine.edu
Sat Jun 12 02:13:13 CEST 2004

r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch writes:
>I make a study in health econometrics and have a categorical dependent variable (take value 1-5). I would like to fit an ordered probit or ordered logit but i didn't find a command or package who make that. Does anyone know if it's exists ?

Try polr() from the MASS package (part of the standard install, also available from r-project.org)
Or try vglm() from Thomas Yee's VGAM package (in beta, available from Yee's web page, which you can find by googling Yee and VGAM)

--
Alan B. Cobo-Lewis, Ph.D.		(207) 581-3840 tel
Department of Psychology		(207) 581-6128 fax
Orono, ME 04469-5742     		alanc at maine.edu

http://www.umaine.edu/visualperception