[R] comparing regression slopes

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Jun 11 12:14:48 CEST 2004

      Fortunately, you don't have to accept "no" for an answer:  You can
dream up something that you think is sensible, simulate scenarios you
want to detect plus scenarios with no difference, and find out what your
procedure produces, the distributions of your sample statistics, etc.,
e.g., as described by Venables and Ripley (2000) S Programming
(Springer) to obtain confidence intervals for normal probability plots.
R has many functions for pseudo-random number generation as well as
packages for bootstrapping.  Only a few hours ago, I checked a
theoretical computation using pseudo-random numbers.

      hope this helps.  spencer graves