[R] running R UNIX in a mac computer

Ulises Mora Alvarez umalvarez at fata.unam.mx
Fri Jun 11 06:29:51 CEST 2004

Hola!

If you are already using Panther with  R.dmg, then is pretty straight
forward to use a "Unix" package (panther it's a kind of Unix). If the
package is already on CRAN, all you have to do is to search the package
(either from the command line or from  the menus) and then install. If
what you are looking for isn't not on CRAN, but it's available as a *.tgz
or tar.gz or as a collection of files, you can use "Install from local
files" in the "Packages" menu.

Good look.

PS. Yes, I should be watching soccer (I'm getting my degree at the UNAM),
but I decided to sacrifice the first half... After all, the final match
will be on Sunday and the meeting with my committee is close, very
close... Best regards.

umalvarez at fata.unam.mx