[R] Everything was ok, but I failed to get .o file in g77

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jun 10 17:41:47 CEST 2004

I am afraid your message is in an unreadable character set and none was
specified by your mailer.  So I don't really know what you used, but I
have ^V where - should be, and so on.

What you would need is

g77 -O2 -c all.f
     ^ note
You appear to have asked for a file '2' here via -o2.

g77 -shared -o all.dll all.o -lg2c
             ^ note          ^^^^^ note

It is much less error-prone to use

R CMD SHLIB all.f   under Unix-alikes