[R] Xtable giving an interesting problem

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 7 15:30:05 CEST 2004

Did you try dump.frames/debugger?  Or even traceback()?

> debugger()
Message:  Error in match.names(clabs, names(xi)) : names don't match
previous names:
         F value, Pr(>F)
Available environments had calls:
1: xtable(fit.trans.aov)
2: xtable.aovlist(fit.trans.aov)
3: xtable.summary.aovlist(summary(x), caption = caption, label = label,
align = ali
4: rbind(result, xtable.anova(x[[i]][[1]], caption = caption, label =
label, align
5: rbind(...)
6: match.names(clabs, names(xi))
7: stop(paste("names don't match previous names:\n\t", paste(nmi[nii == 0], collaps

and if you look in xtable.summary.aovlist you will see it is trying to
rbind a dataframe with 5 columns to one with three columns.  That's not
surprising given the print output for summary(fit.trans.aov) and is a
design error in the xtable package that should be reported to the
maintainer.

However, is this model really `interesting'?  I cannot see what you hoped
to learn by fitting it.