[R] Datacube or hypercube or olap-functionality in R

Niels Steen Krogh nielssteenkrogh at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 6 10:50:27 CEST 2004

Dear R-users.

I'm going to develop olap-functionality for easy data-description (and
simple outputs like sum, median and avg) for large datasets (20 MB-1 GB).

We use R (in combination with python, LaTex, MySQL, Access and HDF5) for our
statistical analysis and reporting and - if possible - would like to use
R-api on the serverside of a webbased olap-solution. (connecting through rpy
and RSOAP).
Seaching with "hypercube", "datacube" or "olap" in the R-archives didn't
give usable hints.
Searching sourceforge gave hits for Mondrian (JAVA) and Bee (PERL) but none
of them use R for the backend.

Do you know of any prior work or writings on this subject using R?

R-platform:
Linux og Windows
Latest version

/Niels

Cand. Polit.
Niels Steen Krogh
Solsortvej 44
2000 F.

Tlf: 3888 8613

ZiteLab / EmpoweR youR data with R, Zope and SOAP