[R] How to Describe R to Finance People

Patrick Burns pburns at pburns.seanet.com
Sat Jun 5 14:35:18 CEST 2004

For general points, you can look at "An Introduction to the S Language"
in the tutorials section of the Burns Statistics website.

For your specific audience, it sounds like property is of special
consideration
so you could come up with an example of how R can easily
analyse spatial relationships (graphically or analytically) that would be
virtually impossible without it.

My viewpoint on the issue of cost is that it is the free as in "libre"
that is
the most important part in finance.  Once R breaks through the gate
once, it is free to spread.  Often the bureaucratic cost of buying something
is a much larger impediment than the dollar cost.

Patrick Burns

Burns Statistics
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696