[R] Re: Problem with par("usr")

Nicolas STRANSKY Nicolas.Stransky at curie.fr
Thu Jun 3 14:04:35 CEST 2004

Christophe Declercq wrote:

> Bonjour, Nicolas

Bonjour,

> par('usr') is read-only (see '?par')

This part of the manual is a bit unclear to me because 'mfrow' doesn't
seem to be read-only, unlike 'usr'...

> That makes sense: user coordinates come from what you have plotted.

Ok, fine.

> Would you show us an example of what exactly you want to do?

While trying to show a precise example, I had to re-launch R and this
resolved all my problems (isn't it beautiful ? ;) ). Formerly, even if
specifying the plot limits with 'xlim', I wasn't able to superpose two
plots obtained with 'hist' with the same x axis (the scale wasn't the
same, which is a bit annoying when you want to superpose plots). Now it
works fine, but I had to close and re-launch R, I wonder why...

--
Nicolas STRANSKY
Équipe Oncologie Moléculaire