[R] use of split.screen() with postscript device

Wolski wolski at molgen.mpg.de
Thu Jun 3 13:30:58 CEST 2004

Hi!

par(mfrow=c(2,1))
splits the plot in two parts for example.
For more information about graphics read introduction to R
provided with your R installation.
if par(mfrow ...
par(mfcol is not flexible enough for you
you can examine the documentation for

?layout

If you need even more flexibility
look at the grid package of Paul Murrel

There is also an artikle in Rnews about combining the graphics function in the graphics package from P. Murrel.

You may also to consider to learn the graphic functions in the lattice package of by Deepayan Sarkar
which build on grid.

Sincerely
Eryk