[R] a question about identify and locator

Molins, Jordi Jordi.Molins at drkw.com
Fri Jul 30 14:04:30 CEST 2004

Hello,

I use R 1.9.1 on Windows 2000. I have a chart that I am looking. I use
identify() and locator() to find out the (x,y) values of interesting points
in the chart, but these functions are not always helpful (e.g., sometimes
identify() prints on top of the chart, making the number illegible). What I
would be interested in is in a functionality that identifies the (x,y) point
using something like a text box superimposed on the chart that disappears
when the cursor is away from the chart (for example, similar to Excel) or
even better, small text boxes located both in the x and y axis near to the
points (0,y) and (x,0), resp., that are constantly updated (like charts in
Bloomberg) .

Is there something like this in R?

Thank you

Jordi