[R] Gaussian frailty leads to segmentation fault

Christian Lederer christianlederer at t-online.de
Thu Jul 29 05:51:23 CEST 2004

Dear Thomas,

attached you find a data frame which produces the error.
I am using survival 2.11-5 under R 1.9.1-1 and 1.9.0-1.

By the way, if i randomly omit 50% of the data, i usually
get no crash, but a warning message like this:
Inner loop failed to coverge for iterations 1 2 3 in: coxpenal.fit(X,
Y, strats, offset, init = init, control, weights = weights,

Maybe, the model is not appropriate for this kind of data.
But on the other hand, as soon the treatment group (study == 1,
treatment == 1) is smaller than the randomized placebo group
(study == 1, treatment == 0), the warnings disappear.
and the model gives reasonable results in my first simulations
with normally distributed study effects.

Christian