[R] Integration with "adapt"

Rodrigo Drummond rduarte at unicamp.br
Tue Jul 27 20:31:07 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I need to calculate  a multidimensional integration on R. I am using the
command "adapt" (from library adapt), although sometimes I get the
following error message:

Ifail=2, lenwrk was too small. -- fix adapt() !
 Check the returned relerr! in: adapt(3, linf, lsup, functn = Integrando1)

I guess it happens because the domain of integration is too small,
although I tried a change of variables to avoid this problem and it didn’t
help. The command adapt calls a fortran routine, but I don’t know fortran
enough to fix the problem.
Can someone help me?
Thanks a lot
Rodrigo Drummond

Rodrigo D. Drummond
Laboratorio Genoma Funcional
Centro de Biologia Molecular e Eng. Genetica
Universidade Estadual de Campinas
Caixa Postal 6010
13083-875 - Campinas - SP - Brasil
Tel: xx-19-3788-1119 Fax: xx-19-3788-1089