[R] R on AMD64 (Opteron)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 26 15:08:41 CEST 2004

We are using Fedora Core 2 and some version(s) of SuSe Linux on various
dual Opteron servers.  We also have a copy of RHEL, but AFAIK are not
currently using it.  I've been using a dual Opteron 248 under FC2

I don't know that Windows XP 64-Bit Edition is actually released yet
(although there have beem public betas).  However, as Peter D says, one
would need a suitable compiler, binutils etc and the MinGW project is
unlikely to provide them any time soon (if ever, although the project's
FAQ suggests that it does intend to).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk