[R] Read SPSS data (*.sav) in R 1.8.0 (ok) and R1.9.1(error)

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Mon Jul 26 12:31:06 CEST 2004

On 07/26/04 10:36, Karl Knoblick wrote:
>Hallo!
>
>I read SPSS data in the following way:
>
>library(Hmisc)
>library(foreign)
>dat<-spss.get("surv_abb.sav")
>
>In R1.9.1 I got the message:
>"Error in all(arg == choices) : Object "typeDate" not
>found"
>
>In R1.8.0 the same script works fine.
>
>Does anybody know a possibilty to read a SPSS file
>under R1.9.1?

I cannot find spss.get in the man pages for the current version
of foreign.  It works for me with read.spss.

But I'm surprised it ever worked.  So, possibly, there is
something wrong with the spss file you are trying to import.

Jon
Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R search page: http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/