[R] Porting plotterm() & gamterms() from s-plus

Jacob Etches jetches at iwh.on.ca
Fri Jul 23 20:35:58 CEST 2004

I'm trying to plot pspline'd explanatory variables from coxph() models as per Therneau and Grambsch (Modeling Survival Data: Extending the Cox Model).  They have s-plus functions for this at:

http://www.mayo.edu/hsr/people/therneau/book/sfunction/gamterms.s
http://www.mayo.edu/hsr/people/therneau/book/sfunction/plotterm.s

I'd like to make these plots in R, but they make use of non-R functions, and I'm not sure how to adapt gamterms and plotterm to R.  Have others done this, or does anyone have advice?

Thanks,

Jacob Etches
University of Toronto

This e-mail may contain confidential information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the organization.