[R] highlighting subset of point with xyplot (or Hmisc(xYplot))

Patrick Lorch plorch at email.unc.edu
Fri Jul 16 23:32:45 CEST 2004

Hello all,
	I am trying to use xyplot to give a six panel plot and to highlight
only points (in any panel) that meet a certain criterion.  With the
plot command I would do something like:
	plot.default(filein$Site,filein$circ.conc)
	points(filein$Site,filein$circ.conc,type="p",
		pch=ifelse(filein$p.value<5e-02,19,21))
I had thought I could just stick in the pch line from above into either
xyplot or xYplot with groups set to Site like:
	xyplot(circ.conc~Day|Site,data=allsites.byday,groups=Site,
pch=ifelse(allsites.byday$p.value<5e-02,19,21))
This does not produce any highlighting (all symbols come out as open
circles (19)).  I have not messed with writing my own panel functions,
though I know that is where the solution must lie.  Hopefully someone
has an example that is close enough to help me.  I can send an example
plot to anyone that wants one.
	Thanks,
	 -Pat

Dr. Patrick D. Lorch

                 plorch at email.unc.edu
      http://www.unc.edu/~plorch/lorch.html
Department of Biology           W: 919-843-2320
University of North Carolina    F: 919-962-1625
   at Chapel Hill
CB#3280, Coker Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3280
USA