[R] Where is global environment?

Mike Prager Mike.Prager at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 15 20:15:28 CEST 2004

I am using R 1.9.1 under Windows XP Professional.

Is there any R function that returns the filesystem path from which the
global environment (workspace) was loaded (and to which it will, by
default, be saved)?  This seems identical with the current directory, so in
any given session it is not too difficult to find out by other means.  But
for several reasons I would like to find this out from within R.

Thanks.

--
Michael Prager, Ph.D.
Population Dynamics Team, NMFS SE Fisheries Science Center