[R] ROracle - fetch gives empty dataframe

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Wed Jul 14 16:28:10 CEST 2004

This is what I would try next if I were in your situation; I don't
know it will help.

Try
     con <- dbConnect(ora, "rado/only2admin at dbname")
instead of
    con <- dbConnect(ora, "rado/only2admin"

The default dbname is Sys.getenv("ORACLE_SID"), have you checked that?

For myself, when I make connections to Oracle 9i using ROracle, I use the form
      dbConnect,ora, user='oracleuid',dbname='adbname',password='whatever')

-Don