[R] Difference between normalizeWithinArrays and stat.ma

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Jul 13 18:12:08 CEST 2004

Since both of the packages you mention are part of Bioconductor, you
would do well to re-post in the correct list
(bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch).

Best,

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> "Saroj Mohapatra" <saroj at wayne.edu> 07/13/04 01:51PM >>>
Dear friends

I have recently migrated to R (8.0) for analysis of microarray data. I
am doing a loess (print-tip, perhaps scaled) normalization. I find
that
there are 2 options to do this: using normalizeWithinArrays (Limma)
and
stat.ma(sma). I find the objects returned by the two functions are
different, however the M and A values seem to be the same. Is one
function preferable over the other? Any feedback regarding this would
be
appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Saroj

Saroj K Mohapatra, MD
Research Associate
Karmanos Cancer Institute
Wayne State University School of Medicine
110 E. Warren, Room 311
Detroit MI 48201
313-833-0715 x2424
saroj at wayne.edu